Denise Goldberg's blog

Friday, June 27, 2008

Thunder rumbles

It was supposed to be an afternoon for an after-work ramble on two wheels, but then...

I headed out for a quick walk through the woods behind my office early in the afternoon. The sky was a light gray, and it was quiet. After a short ten minutes worth of footsteps, I started to hear rumbling from the sky. At first I just ignored it. Light gray turned darker, and the rumbling continued. I turned around.

The sky got darker still, but no water fell. Heavy rains were reported all around us.

Later...
It was still dry when I headed home, and I still had hopes of a ride. By the time I pulled in to my driveway, the sky was heading toward black once again. Hmm... More thunder. I guess today was destined to be a walking (not riding) kind of day.