Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

short wanders

Today was a day of short wanders. We were always in motion but we didn't hike any long trails. I don't think I can even list all of the places we wandered today. I think we spent most of the time following interesting colors.

It was a good day even with the cold start. I think the temperature moved into the 40s pretty quickly but it took quite a few hours to move to 50. Denise said that she was wearing the right layers to be comfortable.

We started the day with a quick trip to the Asticou Azalea Garden. There were some trees wearing color but I think it was more muted than when we visited last fall. After that quick out-of-the-park visit we headed into Acadia National Park to wander along Park Loop Road. We stopped whenever something looked interesting to Denise, sometimes doing a short hike, sometimes staying pretty close to our stopping point. There were places where colors were reflecting in water. I always like looking at the patterns in the reflections.

Our last stop of the day was at Jordon Pond. I don't know how Denise grabbed this photo without people in it - there were more people than I thought I'd see there. We did manage to find some quiet space though.

It was another good day.

--- Rover
autumn color on Jordan Pond