Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, February 09, 2017

blizzard

At 1:24 this afternoon the winter storm warning that had been in effect since early this morning was dropped in favor of a blizzard warning. Shortly before 2 PM I decided to head out for a walk. That didn't last too long; the blizzard conditions made it difficult to keep my eyes open as the wind blew snowflakes directly into my face. I only managed a quarter of a mile before I decided it would be smarter to return home.

This photo was taken on my return journey; there are buildings at the end of the road, totally obscured by blizzard conditions.

snow flying

It will be interesting to see how much snow accumulates from this storm. Last night the forecast was for 7 to 11 inches. Right now it shows a bit more than that, with totals projected to be between 12 and 18 inches.

storm total snow 2017/02/09