Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, June 04, 2016

sunshine and fog

It felt like a good day for a walk along the coast. I headed to Odiorne Point State Park to wander a small part of the New Hampshire seashore.

When I arrived the sun was shining, white clouds decorated a blue sky. I followed a trail to the coast, then walked across mounds of moving rocks, some rounded, some jagged. As the ocean waves approached the shore the rounded rocks rolled in the surf, create an ocean song. I followed the coastline to Frost Point where a stone jetty extends into Little Harbor, then took inland trails back.

As I emerged on the coast again I saw fog approaching from the ocean. By the time I reached my starting point the fog had taken over.

under a blue sky, from Odiorne Point State Park

in the fog, Odiorne Point State Park

More photos from today's coastal walk can be seen in the gallery New Hampshire coast :: 2016 starting with this photo and ending here.