Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, May 29, 2016

foggy

It was a chilly day today, with a sky covered by a solid layer of clouds. Given that tomorrow's forecast calls for heavy rain I decided to head to the coast this morning. As I got closer, fog rolled in. There are some windmills on route 128 in Gloucester; today I could only see the bottom of one of the blades.

My wandering destination was Halibut Point State Park. On a clear day it's possible to look over the quarry and see the ocean beyond. Today that wasn't possible.

quarry at Halibut Point on a foggy day

There was a little more visibility once I walked out on the rocky coastline.

at the coast, Halibut Point State Park

More photos from today's coastal wander can be seen in the gallery Halibut Point :: 2016 starting with this photo and ending here.