Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, December 06, 2015

two signs

When I walked through Prescott Park (in Portsmouth, NH) yesterday a 2-sign sequence made me smile. The main restrooms in the park are closed for the season but there is a sometimes open set of restrooms for those who know where they are or who attempt to follow a handwritten but permanent sign sitting by one of the gardens.

sign in Prescott Park pointing to alternative restrooms

Following the direction arrow on the sign (plus knowing you need to turn around the end of a building to find the doors) leads to the set of sometimes open rest rooms, again adorned by a handwritten sign.

a sign, restrooms are only open if it is not raining, cold, or snowy

I have sometimes found these restrooms open in bad weather. Based on the sign I suppose I shouldn't count on easy entry!