Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, May 16, 2015

to Bedrock Gardens

Today was the first open house of the year at Bedrock Gardens. The weather forecast almost convinced me to wait until tomorrow but I decided a 50% chance of rain wasn't enough to switch the day of my visit.

The garden is home to flowers and to Jill Nooney's wonderful sculptures. This month's open house also presented The Dwelling Project:

Every living thing dwells somewhere. Come see what a couple hundred school-aged art students have come up with for a home. Their “dwellings” will be scattered over Bedrock Gardens’ 20 acres, some easy to appreciate and spot, some not so. Trust art to open your eyes – the more you look, the more you see.

It was a gray day, allowing the inhabitants of the garden to pop a bit more. I enjoyed the color, the sculptures, and the sometimes hidden dwellings scattered across the property. Half of my visit was dry, half quite wet. When the drizzle switched to heavier rain I stopped to pull out my rain jacket and to put a raincover on my camera bag. My camera stayed out; I needed it to continue taking pictures.

tulips  dancer

More photos can be seen in the gallery Bedrock Gardens - 2015.