Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, August 17, 2014

zoo afternoon

Funny, none of us (me, my sister, and my mom) thought twice about heading to the Philadelphia Zoo mid-day on Saturday. Hmm... it was a beautiful late summer day, sunny, warm but not too warm. Apparently oodles of people thought it was a good idea to visit the animals; the zoo was teeming with people big and small.

In spite of the crowds we managed to enjoy our wander. The highlight for me was seeing the animals use the overhead "trails" that make up Zoo360, a safe space for animals to wander between places in the zoo. I loved seeing monkeys and tigers walking just above our heads!

wandering through the Philadelphia Zoo's Zoo360, a path for (some of) the animals

a tiger stalking through the Philadelphia Zoo's Zoo360, a path for (some of) the animals

A few more photos can be seen in the gallery a few from the zoo.