Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, July 03, 2014

soaked!

When I arrived home late this afternoon the sky was blue and filled with billowing white clouds. By the time I was ready to walk a short 15 minutes later dark clouds obscured the blue. I could hear the rumble of thunder and see flashes of lightning. Hmm...

I decided to head out anyway, dressed for summer warmth. I briefly considered grabbing an umbrella or a rain jacket, deciding against both since the temperature was in the low 90s.

I walked, watching bolts of lightning, listening to loud claps of thunder.

Rain started falling. I kept walking, continuing to watch the lightning and listen to the thunder.

The rain got heavier. A stranger in a car stopped and asked if I'd like a ride. I thanked her for her kindness; I kept walking.

The intensity of the rain increased. I walked, and I laughed. I was totally soaked.

The rain lightened. The sun started to break through the clouds. I saw my first rainbow, almost hiding under a tree. I saw a second rainbow, a shallow curve across the sky. Just before I finished my (wet) loop I saw a third rainbow.

The thunderstorm very nicely dropped the temperature into the mid-70s, comfortable.

What a wonderful walk!