Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

sharing Acadia

Oh wow! Time is quickly flashing by... Denise & I visited Acadia in early May and we're about to visit there again. This time Denise's mom and sister Suze are going to meet us in Maine for a long weekend. It's a really long drive from their house so they will be flying into Bangor; we will pick them up there. Bailey (the crazy dog!) will be having his own special vacation close to home; he'll be playing with Sue at Sue's Pet Pampering while his people are traveling.

I'm helping Denise figure out the spots that we shouldn't miss. I want to get to the Schoodic Peninsula because I'm pretty sure Mom & Suze have never been there - I know they visited Acadia a long, long time ago, but I think they only wandered on Mount Desert Island. And I think Denise might want to stop at Maine Kiln Works again. We stopped there for the first time in May when Denise's friend Lorah saw the sign. Funny, we've driven by there many times before and never stopped. I have a funny feeling that this may become a must stop place on the way to walking on the rocks at the tip of the peninsula.

Hmm... I wonder if I should call Denise's mom Sherry. After all that is her name.

What a treat! Another spring-time trip to Acadia. And... I wonder if we'll be able to find flowers in bloom this time. When we visited in May there weren't any flowers even though there were some at home. The seasons seem to lag ours by a couple of weeks, so maybe. No matter though, this will be fun!

--- Rover

from our May trip, a shot of me on top of Cadillac Mountain