Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, April 05, 2014

seeking color

My eyes were craving color as I greeted today's gray and cool morning. In the hopes of finding a greenhouse filled with flowers I did a quick search. Ah, there's one! Today I discovered the greenhouses of the Lyman Estate in Waltham, MA.

"The Lyman Estate Greenhouses are among the oldest surviving greenhouses in the United States. The complex of four greenhouses consists of an 1804 grape house, 1820 camellia house, 1840 orchid house, and a 1930 sales greenhouse where visitors can purchase plants to take home."

Only 3 of the 4 greenhouses were open today, but that was enough to allow me to satisfy my color needs.

a splash of pink in tiny blooms

More photos from today's visit can be viewed in the gallery greenhouses of Lyman Estate.