Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

uncertain

The weather forecast yesterday reminded me that we are still in the grasp of winter. The temperature outside was really enough of a reminder; I could have skipped the snow!

Yesterday afternoon the National Weather Service posted a map that usually shows predicted snowfall amounts. This time it was simply a map overlaid with words:

"It is too uncertain to forecast specific snow accumulations at this time."

uncertain snowfall predictions

A bit later in the afternoon the image was changed to a snowfall prediction map. At that point my town showed in the 8 to 10 inch band of predicted snow. This morning the snow lines have moved, now showing me in the 6 to 8 inch band. Hmm... I wonder how the storm path will change (again) between now and when it hits us tomorrow morning.

predicted snow levels as of 4:36 this morning