Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, November 09, 2013

to Crane Beach

It was chilly and windy today with temperatures hovering in the mid-40s. I felt the ocean calling - nothing unusual for me - and chose to visit Crane Beach. I can't remember the last time I visited there; it almost felt like a new wandering spot for me. Crane Beach is between two favorite places. From there I could look north and see Plum Island, the home of the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, and I could look south and see Halibut Point. From the coast these three places appear to be close together but driving between them does not follow a very straight line!

I walked on the beach for a while, then switched to an inland walk on a path through sand dunes and vegetation. After I left Crane Beach I had to stop along the road to enjoy the sight of inland waters.

absorbing beach, ocean, grasses

magic light, inland waters

More photos can be seen in the gallery Crane Beach 2013.