Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

before the wind

Thursday is Thanksgiving, and that means that I'm traveling. It's a wacky busy travel weekend; I usually escape the craziness by flying out early Wednesday morning and flying home early Sunday morning. That almost backfired on me this week...

A wind and rain storm is heading up the coast, aiming for providing heavy winds in the Boston area early tomorrow morning. I've never outgrown motion sickness and somehow flying out at the same time as forecasted wind gusts in the 40+ mile per hour range wasn't something I was looking forward to. I checked for flights today but was not enticed by the price. A one-way fare was quite a bit more than what I paid for my round trip. I thought I was going to need to take a lot of anti-nausea meds and hope for the best.

I checked the JetBlue site every so often this morning, hoping... At a little after noon they posted a travel advisory for Boston for tomorrow. That meant I could switch to a flight today without paying any additional fees. Phew! I'm sitting at Logan Airport right now, waiting for my flight. I'm very happy!