Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

look!

I headed to Maudslay State Park this morning to walk in the woods and to keep an eye out for early color. I found color, just not the color I expected.

As I headed in to the park I saw a tree that seemed to sparkle. I walked closer and found a dead tree decorated by colored disks and silver threads. I looked around me and saw color in places where it didn't belong. What a delightful surprise! I had stumbled on an annual outdoor sculpture exhibit at Maudslay, one that will be disappearing tomorrow.

I wandered the park, stopping often to enjoy the unexpected art.

sticks, stones, wood, paper, thread... intertwine past and present. Artist: Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord

A few more pieces of the artwork can be seen in the gallery Maudslay State Park - 2013.