Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, August 24, 2013

quarry & ocean, Halibut Point

I was thinking about a coastal destination this morning when I realized I hadn't visited Halibut Point since early in June. Ah, perfect! It was a good walking day, crisp temperatures and a clear blue sky. Oh, you're right, I do prefer clouds for more interesting photos; sometimes pure blue works too.

I was happy to find a map of the coast at the high point in the park since I was trying to figure out what I was seeing across the water as I looked to the north and west across Ipswich Bay. I believe I was seeing Plum Island, the home of the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge.

If you look closely you can see a rim of land separating the ocean from the sky in the photo below.

a bird painted cliff leads into the quarry at Halibut Point State Park

The first 17 photos in the gallery Halibut Point - 2013 are from today's wander.