Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, August 02, 2012

looking forward

Another month of the calendar just flipped by. It's August; that means that my trip to Wyoming is a little over two weeks away. I'm dreaming of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.

I've been to both parks before, but only a very small piece of each. My first trip to Yellowstone was a long time ago. A visit during a winter late in the 70's found me in the Old Faithful area of the park to do some cross-country skiing. Oops! my age is showing, isn't it? It's been 10 years since my last visit, 10 years since my epic cross-country bike trip allowed me to explore a very narrow path in both parks. I rode north through Grand Teton, into Yellowstone, spending an afternoon, evening, and morning in the Old Faithful area, then curving to the north and west to West Yellowstone, Montana.

I'm looking forward to exploring parts of both parks that I haven't seen before.

In Yellowstone, I plan to see more geyser basins (than just Old Faithful) - following the circling road, seeking color and forms. I hope to get to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, seeking waterfalls.

Grand Teton promises mountain views and lake views, good places to wander. I'm wishing for calm water to allow me to see reflections of those magnificent mountains.

I'm looking forward...