Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

chasing butterflies

After yesterday's Fuller Gardens visit I drove north and east along the coast, thinking that I'd stop somewhere and walk along the water. I didn't stop until I reached Portsmouth; as it turned out I was quite happy with my choice.

I left my car on Peirce Island and walked back across the bridge to Prescott Park. The garden in the park was in full bloom, highlighting many types of flowers in a rainbow of colors. Even better were the butterflies flitting, lighting on flowers, showing their highly decorated wings.

butterfly posing

More photos of butterflies and flowers in Prescott Park, Portsmouth, NH (along with a couple of ocean shots) can be found in the gallery New Hampshire coast - 2012 starting with this photo and ending here.