Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Seeking tulips

I headed to The Stevens-Coolidge Place this morning in the hopes of finding some tulips in bloom. I found a garden in a state of change, but I also found some beautiful clusters of tulips.

Half of the garden behind the house was wearing piles of dirt; the other half still showed green and occasional color. It's clear that change is in progress. Hedges that I couldn't see over are cut short now, new flowering trees are standing on the edges of the rose garden, and there are signs of more plants to come.

This is a garden that I visit often since it is just over a mile and a half from home, a good destination for a walk. It should be interesting to watch.

tulips

More photos from this morning's flower wander can be found in the gallery It's spring! 2012 starting with this photo and ending here.