Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Coastal walk

After satisfying my need for flowers the coast was calling. I stopped at Jenness State Beach for a beach walk, returning on the inland side to enjoy a different body of water. I drove a bit further, starting to walk again just south of Odiorne Point State Park, walking north through woods and along the shore. I had a quick conversation with some Common Eider before retracing my footsteps. Oh, you're right, I was talking to them but they weren't answering!

The air was crisp, the sky was blue, the ocean was quiet. It was a good day for a walk.

lifeguard warning sign, mist rising from beach sand

common eider

snowy egrets

More photos from today can be seen in the gallery Along the New Hampshire coast - 2011 starting with this photo and ending here.