Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Schoodic, and...

I knew it was going to be a day of lots of stops when Denise hopped out of the car on the edge of Mt. Desert Island. Of course I hopped out too. That stop was because Denise was fascinated by the fog on the water. Hmmm...

We were headed to the Schoodic Peninsula to start our wanders. Silly me, I thought that would be our first stop. I should know better. After all, I've been traveling with Denise for a long time, and I know if something jumps out and grabs her eye, we always stop.

There were foggy spots and almost clear spots. At one point we even saw a few flashes of blue sky. That disappeared really quickly. We walked on the big rocks of Schoodic (well Denise walked, I bounced!). Denise even sat and watched the waves crashing into the rocks for a while. It started sprinkling, we kept walking. Denise even asked some sea gulls if they would pose for a portrait!

Sprinkles turned into heavy rain, then sprinkles again. When we got back to Mount Desert Island we headed up Cadillac Mountain. I thought that was a little crazy, but Denise wanted to see if the top of the mountain was in the clouds. It was. The rain was steady, and waves of white flowed across our vision. Wet...

The rain disappeared as we left Cadillac, leaving occasional sprinkles for a little more wandering. We wandered, we returned to our home away from home for a bit, fueled up with some food, and then we headed back up the mountain. The top of the mountain was still totally socked in, but there was interesting light as we descended. It was a good end to a good day.

--- Rover