Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pure luck

Rain accompanied me as I drove home late this afternoon, giving way to sunshine, blue skies, and pure white clouds.

The weather forecast called for isolated thunderstorms. I chose to ignore the warning, heading out for a long fast walk without any rain gear. About two miles from home I heard a loud crack, the rumble of thunder. I looked up to see the blue disappearing, shades of gray decorating the sky. Uh oh! I was sure I was going to get very wet, and soon.

I walked faster, watching the sky, listening to occasional rumbles. Just as I got home I saw sunlight on the edge of a cloud, a small remnant of white. Five minutes after I walked in the door, the sky turned black. A few minutes later the rain started, an unbelievable deluge.

Pure luck...

clouds, before the rain