Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Metal on the wall

I liked my bare tree in the fog image so much that I ordered it as a MetalPrint to adorn the wall at work. The print arrived on Friday; I really like it. (OK, I know, it's my photo - but that image just pulls me in.)

MetalPrints are offered by Bay Photo, the lab that prints the photos on my site. If you've never seen this media, here's a description from Bay Photo:

MetalPrints™ represent a new art medium for preserving photos by infusing dyes directly into specially coated aluminum sheets. Because the image is infused into the surface and not on it, your images will take on an almost magical luminescence.
If you've been following my blog you've already seen my wall image. I'm including it here again, embedded with a bit of magic. Hover over the photo (with your mouse) to see fog change to (the next day's) blue skies and sunshine.

bare branches in fog