Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Striving for balance

Over the years I've learned to balance work and play, but somehow I seem to be in a bit of an unbalanced state right now. Last week I started heading to work an hour earlier than my norm with the thought that I would be able to leave at close to four (my usual end-of-day), leaving daylight for late afternoon walking and riding. That was a good thought, but I managed to leave later than normal. Hmmm, that didn't quite work out as planned, did it? I really didn't plan on tacking extra hours on both ends of my work day!

Sometimes work takes over, and this seems to be one of those times.

I'm trying to keep a balance in my life; I need time for both work and play. Luckily walking, biking, and playing with my camera all serve to help me keep balanced, happy.

Balance is important. I'll remember...