Denise Goldberg's blog

Friday, April 02, 2010

A calming ramble

Warmth. blue skies, dry weather...

For some reason my work week seemed to get crazier and crazier. Really, I think it was just me; sometimes I allow the pressures of the workplace to intrude on my normal state, and this was just one of those weeks. I needed to end on an up note, a return to my usual. So, this afternoon...

I left the office a little early, escaping just before 3 PM. A blue sky and warmth was beckoning. It was time for a quiet two-wheeled ramble.

It's been a long time since my bicycle and I shared the road with those 4-wheeled fossil-fuel-powered vehicles driven by people who apparently wanted to get home fast. Yikes! I readjusted to the company on the road, stayed on smaller roads whenever possible, rolled down roads I knew and some I didn't too, and came home feeling much better.

Being outside on a beautiful day, rolling down the road on my bicycle, seeing peeps of color brought by early spring flowers, listening to the bird song - all brought my normal sense of sanity and calm back to me. Wonderful!