Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pulled to the coast

I know, I know, it's still winter here in the northeast. We're still a month away from the vernal equinox, and the seasons here tend to lag the calendar date. Yesterday provided an early taste of spring though, sunny, temperatures edging into the high 40s. It pulled me outside...

The coast was calling to me. I headed to south coastal Maine, to the Wells Reserve, a place that is fast becoming a favorite destination for walking. The trails still wore a bit of snow, and there were quite a few muddy sections too. Ponds wore their winter ice, the ocean drew pictures in the sand with water.

ocean, patterns in sand, Wells Reserve

looking inland, coastal water, Wells Reserve


More photos from today can be seen in the gallery Wells Reserve - 2010. I plan to add to this gallery as I wander there through the year; the newest photos will always be at the top of the gallery.