Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Little things

Sometimes it's the little things that make me happy. I'm a tea drinker, and I discovered many years ago that an electric tea kettle is the quickest source of boiling water to feed my tea habit.

Last weekend I picked up the kettle to the sound of a crack. Hey, what was that? I couldn't imagine... Everything seemed fine, and then I looked a little closer. I was holding a full kettle, about to pour. I saw that the top connection from the handle to the kettle had broken. The connection between the top of the handle and the metal body had snapped, scattering particles of whatever it was in the water. Time for the trash!

I pulled out my trusty stove-top kettle and set some water to boil. Slow...

I quickly placed an order for a new electric kettle, and my new toy arrived yesterday. This time I ordered a glass-bodied kettle. I watched the first pot of water boil. I watched the rolling boil, and wondered if it would properly turn itself off. Ah, bubbles, boil, rolling, off! Perfect.

Chef's Choice electric tea kettle


My kitchen's new addition? It's a Chef's Choice Glass Electric Kettle.

I'm happy.