Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

From snow to thunder

The weather wizard called for snow and rain today, with the predicted snow depths changing throughout the day yesterday. When I first saw the storm warning yesterday snow around my house was predicted at between 3 and 5 inches. Before I turned in last night, that had changed, with a new forecast of 1 to 3 inches. This morning? The prediction was once again calling for 3 to 5 inches of snow.

The snow was steadily falling when I woke. It snowed and snowed and snowed some more (yes, about 5 inches worth!). At one point this morning the conditions in my area were listed as "snow fog". Then, at about 12:30, I heard the sound of rain pelting against the windows. Early evening brought the sound of thunder, flashes of bright light. It's still raining...

It was a good day to work at home, to not need to brave the roads.

I think I'm glad that I'll be escaping to the desert tomorrow.