Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, July 12, 2009

A ride, and then...

Sometimes I ride and play with my camera at the same time, sometimes not. This weekend I just needed to ride. I headed out on my bike both yesterday and today sans camera. I usually have at least a point-and-shoot camera with me, but I needed to just ride.

Funny, I don't think I could revisit today's ride exactly. I just turned down roads that looked interesting, usually wondering where they would end, hoping that I would (sort of) know where I was. I was surprised again by the lack of street signs in this area. I should be used to that by now, but I'm not. Where else but the greater Boston area are there no signs on the roads. The small roads have names on them, but the larger (but still not large) roads do not. Why is that?

As I rode, I looked around me. And yes, I did need to drive back to the Ballardvale area with my camera after I saw the perfect reflection of a mill building in some quiet water. No, I don't regret riding without a camera. It was a good ride, followed by a good camera wander.

mill buildings reflecting in smooth water