Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Changes...

Sometimes I think that rainy Sundays must trigger an "I need to experiment with my web site" instinct. Evolving, growing, changing...

I had been using the standard look for the different photo categories, but the size of the thumbs representing the galleries was smaller than I liked. It's been bothering me for a while. I changed the Gallery screen a while back. I fought taking the next step, hoping that SmugMug (the photo site where my galleries are hosted) would change the default display. They always have improvements up their sleeves. And it wouldn't surprise me at all to find something like my format change as a standard feature there someday.

Sunday? It was very rainy, a good day to satisfy my desires for change. Each category (Wandering near home, Travel, Coastal glimpses, etc.) shows a single image for each gallery in that category. It's a single point to offer a fleeting glimpse into the gallery, an enticement to viewers to take the next click to enter the gallery and wander through the photos. The standard size thumbnail is 100x100, which is pretty tiny. I just had to change them. I had to! So... I spent the day Sunday glued to my computer. Thinking, experimenting, changing.

I know I have a little fine-tuning to do, but I think I like the new look.

Wander over to my galleries and take a look. Let me know what you think!

Oh, you want a comparison point? Here are links to my "Coastal glimpses" galleries, the old look, and the new.