Denise Goldberg's blog

Friday, November 30, 2007

A painted sky

My eyes were drawn to the eastern sky early this morning. It was painted a brilliant pink and orange, a beautiful memory.

The old adage "red sky in the morning, sailors take warning" always makes me wonder. Today's forecast is for a crisp, sunny day, but there is snow in the forecast for Sunday night and Monday. I won't take warning for today, and we get our weather from so many different directions that I suspect it's really too early to worry about Sunday night. But brrr! The forecast for Saturday night calls for a temperature of 13 degrees (Fahrenheit). Brrr... I'm not (mentally) ready for that!

I think this weekend will be a "dress warmly, walk lightly with camera" kind of weekend. Maybe a jaunt to the coast, a visit with the birds, views of waves...