Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Between the raindrops

I awoke this morning to the sound of heavy rain. Luckily my newspaper was still dry, wrapped in layers of plastic, time for a Sunday morning relaxation - a cup of tea, breakfast, and the Sunday paper...

The rain stopped, pavement dried, and my bicycle was calling to me. I started to head out just as the rain started falling again. OK, OK, I'll wait a while. The rain lasted just a short time. I waited for the pavement to dry once more, and then I rolled out on my bike for a short loop. After all, I didn't want to tempt the weather wizard for too long.

Home again, still restless... I decided to head to the coast with my camera. Walking on the beach, watching the birds and the ocean is a sure cure for restlessness. I was just two miles from home when the rain started again. Instead of turning back, I kept driving, hoping that the rain was localized. It was, and I had a good hour to walk along the beach before the rain started once more. Ah...