Denise Goldberg's blog

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tall trees & light beams

The positive side of my not riding to work today is that I had a camera with me when I headed out on my bike in the late afternoon. While I might have my baby camera with me when I commute, my DSLR with its stash of lenses usually doesn't jump in my bag.

My pleasant ride was interspersed with chunks of time standing still, playing with my camera, learning the intricacies of yet another lens. Yes, I gave in to lens lust once again and added an ultra-wide zoom lens to my collection. It's a lens that will get more use as I wander further from home to view wide open spaces, but I can certainly find some places that fit the sweet spot of the lens closer to home.

Trees, light beams shooting through the trunks of trees living in the forest, standing still, looking up, towering tree tops...