Denise Goldberg's blog

Friday, August 17, 2007

Riding, fingers crossed!

Yesterday afternoon the weather forecast for today showed a dry day. Later at night, the possibility of thunderstorms popped up once again. Hmmm... what to do?

This morning the forecast was for a dry day, so my bicycle decided to be my mode of transportation for the day. I donned blinking red lights to fight the gray morning, to ensure that the drivers would realize that I was on the road, and I headed out. It was a reasonably cool morning from a temperature standpoint, but sweat was dripping down my face by the time I arrived at work. The humidity? According to the National Weather Service current conditions for the area, the humidity was at 88%!

And guess what? The forecast has changed once more to show a 20% chance of afternoon thunderstorms. I hope it's not, but it may just be a wet ride home today.