Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, August 06, 2007

Flying, dancing...

Beautiful creatures... birds, chipmunks, little red squirrels...

It was a weekend of visiting, and a weekend of exercising my camera. Since my folks do a good job of feeding the birds, all I needed to do was stand out on the deck with my camera. Who came to visit? Chickadees, nuthatches, cardinals, hummingbirds, and more! There were some funny little four-legged creatures too. The birds flew (for real), and the chipmunks and squirrels flew across the ground and up the trees, leaping across long distances, making me smile.




More photos of these wonderful beings can be seen in my gallery Tiny creatures, sharing space.

And no, I didn't forget Bailey! For those of you who don't know him, Bailey is the dachshund who runs my parents' household. He is a real character, but he doesn't often consent to posing for photographs. Here's a shot (from the back) as he is waiting for his mom to return from running out to pick up a newspaper. Mom? Mom? Are you coming home?

He did allow me to take a few more photos, viewable in my gallery Bailey captured.