Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, June 10, 2007

What's that noise?

Today was a wonderful gift from the weather wizard. A brilliant blue sky was decorated by puffs of white clouds, the temperature hovered in the low 70s, and a light wind was blowing. It was a wonderful day to ride, to wander outside.

Riding, stopping to take pictures, riding...

Hey - what's that noise? A loud and constant squawking filled the air. I looked around, and I didn't see the noisemaker. I stopped and leaned my bike against a convenient tree, and looked around once more. The noisemaker? It was a guinea hen, standing near the gated entrance to a farm. Squawk, squeak, squawk! I moved a bit closer, hoping to capture a good picture with my baby camera. (It figures that I didn't have the SLR with me today, doesn't it?) He didn't stay still, and as I peered over the fence I saw a couple more of these funny birds, along with more distant Canada Geese and a couple of white geese or swans happily paddling in a pond.

Crazy, silly guinea hen, talking, running, he's in charge!



Red clover... even what most people consider to be weeds can be beautiful...