Denise Goldberg's blog

Monday, April 09, 2007

Food, fabulous food

Let's see, do I travel to visit beautiful places, to play with my camera, to hike (or ride) - or do I travel to eat? It's really a combination of all of those things, and it's a treat when my search for beautiful places takes me to someplace where food can be fun too. Springdale, Utah is doing a good job of keeping my stomach happy.

I found dinner last night by following a sign pointing off of the main street through town. Oscar's Cafe specializes in Mexican (or variations of Mexican) cuisine. My feast of the evening was the roasted green pepper and black bean burrito. Yum! That was a great meal for replacing all of those calories I burned tromping around the park.

It's hard to believe that I was ready for more food by the time the sun appeared this morning - and yes, I was ready for food! Breakfast at the Red Rock Inn is delivered to your room at the time you request (as long as that time is between 8 and 9:30 AM. Promptly at 8 AM, my breakfast basket arrived. There is a table & chairs just outside of the room, but it was cold enough that I decided to make use of the table and chairs inside of the room. I was ready to eat, but even if I hadn't been hungry I think I would have been tempted by my meal. What was in my basket? Fresh strawberries with chunks of banana, eggs wrapped in a soft tortilla accompanied by black beans and a homemade salsa, orange juice, coffee, yogurt, and a basket of muffins. And yes, that was way more food than I needed for breakfast. I tucked the yogurt into the little fridge in my room for an apres hike snack, and the extra muffins jumped into my daypack to serve as a nice midday treat.

Tonight I wandered over to Zion Pizza & Noodle Company for dinner. Vegetarian lasagne served on a pool of tomato sauce was a good end-of-day meal. Happy stomach, time for a little rest and relaxation before tomorrow's wanderings...

Food, fabulous food!

Some photos from my before and after-dinner wanderings in Springdale can be seen in my photo gallery On the edge of the park.