Denise Goldberg's blog

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Attempting to dodge puddles

In case you're wondering, my attempts to dodge the puddles and rivers streaming down the road were definitely not successful. It was a wonderful day to play outside from a temperature standpoint though - so play I did!

I wandered a bit further afield on my bike today. On cold days I have a tendency to stay closer to home thinking that if I get really chilled I'll have a shorter distance to get back to warmth. Today? The temperature of 47 degrees when I headed out felt positively balmy! And yes, I do know that in a couple of months 47 degrees will probably feel cold. For now, that's an awesome riding temperature.

Along with the wet roads, the scenery of the day was snow-covered terrain. Ponds still bore their icy tops even though open spots occasionally poked out around the edges. An occasional robin popped up to greet me, and squirrels poked their heads out before skittering back up into the trees. I guess we were all enjoying the warmth!

Home again, it was time for a serious bike cleaning (and re-lube). And then, a look at myself, bright yellow jacket and black tights decorated with mud splatters... Shower and laundry time, the end of an enjoyable wander.