Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Brrr... cold and crisp!

Cold, wind blowing, increased chill...

It's been hard from the warmth of my office or of my home to convince myself that walking outside is a good idea. I do know that I'll feel better for it, and while yesterday's chill convinced me to stay inside, today I won the argument with myself. It was a short walk, but yes, it was a good one.

I wonder where the Canada Geese are hiding. I usually have a conversation with a flock of geese during my "close to work" walks, but they seem to have pulled a disappearing act today.

Yes, I know, it really is winter. It's February, so I suppose the cold is to be expected. And no, that's not a complaint; I really can't complain given the minimal amount of snow that we've had so far this winter.
An early afternoon (short) escape from work into the sunshine was a welcome break, but chilly!

And yes, my hood was definitely needed.

Images of blooms from late summer or early fall, captured in a dry and brown state, still beautiful.

Still hanging on, in spite of the strong winds trying to rip this seed from its pod.