Denise Goldberg's blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Birds walking

Warm temperatures lured me outside for a quick mid-afternoon walk. It's amazing to me that what felt like amazing warmth today - temperature in the mid-40s - will probably feel cold in a relatively short amount of time. I'm hoping that by the end of next month that 40 degree temperatures actually seem cold, but for now they make me quite happy.

I tried to convince some Canada Geese that it would be safe to pose for pictures, but they were clearly leary of the 2-legged creature who was missing her wings but who did have a funny device (a baby camera!) attached to one hand. They were right though - it's probably safer not to stand still for too long, not knowing the intent of the person who insisted on following them.

In case you're worried, I really wasn't that close to these big birds, and the thought of chasing them didn't even enter my mind.