Denise Goldberg's blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winter contrasts

Brr... cold! It feels like winter, which shouldn't be too surprising since it is winter. A short walk in mid-afternoon gave my camera a chance to play, to capture (separately) ice, and the remains of a warmer weather seed pod.

At the end of my work day, I gave in to my desire to exercise in the (overly) crisp outside air. My eyes registered a noticeable change in the light at the end of the day. Sunset has been quietly creeping later, and as my feet happily moved into walking mode at just after 5 PM, I noticed that the sky had not reached its full dark condition yet. The horizon was still glowing with the orange colors of sunset, highlighted even more by the deep blue shades above that were edging ever darker.

Differences, contrasts... here are two photos that appear to come from two seasons - each shot within a 10 minute walk of the other.