Denise Goldberg's blog

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sparkling light, visiting...

...with animals!

Blue skies decorated a day that was 20 degrees cooler than yesterday - but temperatures in the mid 40s meant that it was still warmer than a normal January day. Another good day for riding, and for absorbing the sights around me...

I was only a few miles from home in a neighborhood that was mainly residential when these alpacas popped into sight. Although there is a farm with horses a little further down the road, I had never noticed this pasture in a space between houses before. A prize for the day - a conversation with alpacas!
I thought they were llamas, but someone who knows animals looked at this photo and told me that she believes they are alpacas.


Sun, reflections, beauty... the reflections of the sun sparkling on the water drew my eye (and my camera too).
Yes, I do know that common photography wisdom recommends that a camera should not be aimed directly at the sun, but I had to try to capture the sparkles!